SKUÂ Code: Â G10/SS/3/LTD
This watch is a Limited Edition of the 300m G10 in a brushed stainless steel case. The MWC 300m / 1000ft water resistant G10 models have the highest water resistance rating of any G10 / General Service watch anywhere in the world. The watch has a highly scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and an incredible 10-year battery life. Although this G10/98 Specification watch like many of our other variants traces it’s origins right back to our earliest G10 designs in the 1980s this model is totally updated and no other General Service watch currentlyÂ in production can beat its specification.Â
When MWC secured a contract to produce this model it was specified that the watch should a heavy-duty screwback case, 300m water resistance, sapphire crystal and screw-down crown. The end result of all these improvementsÂ meansÂ thatÂ the specificationÂ of the 300m water resistant general service watch is totally unique, these models offer the perfect combination of low maintenanceÂ and high durability.
The back of the case bears various contract markings in addition to the unique serial number.
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case Diameter: 42mm Including the crown
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Weight: 66g
- Dial Color: Black
- Luminosity: Super Luminova
- Case Material: 316L Stainless Steel
- Caseback: Screw-down, 316L Stainless Steel
- Crown: Screw Down 316L Stainless Steel
- Water Resistance: 30atm (300m/1000ft)
- Battery: CR2016 Lithium – Estimated life 10 years
- Crystal: SapphireÂ
- Movement: Ronda 715li with date window
- Strap: Black 20mm NATO StrapÂ
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strongÂ and alsoÂ shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel,Â policeÂ officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystalsÂ are so strongÂ is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stressesâ€”which can cause weaknessâ€”it is thenÂ made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied,Â interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latestÂ iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it’s normally only fitted toÂ higher-end watches.