SKU Code:Â CLIX/LW/RPND
The MWC Classic aviator range comprises of several pilots watches each of which is based on a classic aviators watch design from WW2. These 1940s classics are ideal if you want a modern easily maintained automatic watch which has the style and appearance of a watch used by German Luftwaffe pilots from 1940-1945.
Two of the models have a traditional second hand within a subsidiary dial above 6 o’clock because this was a common feature in the 1940’s the other models have a sweep secondhand which started to replace watches with subsidiary dials from around 1943 onward. These two varying designs options mean you can choose a model that suits your personal style preferences.
The extra large case size of 46mm (excluding the crown) in diameter makes this a very impressive timepiece which has considerable presence and tends to attract a lot of favourable comments, especially from other watch enthusiasts.
All four models use a traditional NH35A automatic 24 jewel mechanical movement which is visible through the clear caseback and is engraved with MWC on the rotor.
- Movement: Self Winding NH35A 24Â Jewel Automatic
- Diameter: 46 mm excluding the crown
- Thickness: 15 mm
- Dial: Black dial with white numbers and sweep second hand
- Case Material: 316L stainless steel
- Water Resistance:Â 100m / 330ft
- Strap: 24mm High Quality Stitched Leather
- Crystal: Hardened Scratch Resistant mineral
- Screw Down Crown
- Caseback: Clear Caseback providing a comprehensive view of the mechanical movement
Please Note:Â For interest value there are some pictures of the original WWII German Luftwaffe watches which inspired this range at thisÂ LINK